1. Awarded Sujoy B. Roy Fellowship in Cardiology 1993 and worked in All India Institute of Medical Sciences from October to December, 1993.
2. Heart Beat International Fellow for year 1991 and attended American College of Cardiology Conference at Atlanta Georgia, USA. Attended Pacemaker Workshop at Atlanta and CME programme at Watson Clinic, Florida.
3. Heart Beat International Fellow for year 2000 and attended ACC Conference at Los Angeles, USA.
4. Awarded IMA Dr. K. Sharan Cardiology Excellence Award, 2004 by Indian Medical Association received on 27th December, 2004 at Bhuwaneshwar.
5. Awarded Dr. Edith Brown Memorial Award for Health and Medical Science by the Malwa Sabhyacharak Society in January, 2006.
6. Awarded DR. B.C ROY NATIONAL AWARD FOR THE YEAR 2006 for Development of Specialties from Smt. Pratibha Patil, President of India on 1st July 2008.
7. Awarded VR Joshi JAPI award for Outstanding Referee by Journal of Association of Physician of India for the year 2009.
and Medals - During Graduation and Post Graduation:
1. Passed MBBS with Honours from Punjabi University, Patiala e.g. securing more than 70% marks in each of the 10 subjects in the three professionals.
2. Second Best Graduate of the University (year 1977-81) Punjabi University, Patiala.
3. Awarded Merit Scholarship for 2nd Position in second professional MBBS.
4. Silver Medal for 1st Position in Forensic Medicine in the University.
5. Silver Medal for 1st Position in Medicine in the University.
6. Silver Medal for 1st Position in Eye & ENT in the University.
7. Bronze Medal for 2nd Position in University in Second Professional.
8. Bronze Medal for 2nd Position in University in Final Professional.
EXTRA CURRICULAR (Sports & Cultural):
1. Award Institute Colour of
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
(PGIMER), Chandigarh for the year 1985 in Table Tennis.
2. Captain Institute Table Tennis Team of PGIMER, Chandigarh
for the year 1985.
3. Captain Govt. Medical College, Patiala, Table Tennis
Team of the year 1979-1980.
4. Judged Best Table Tennis Player of the College,
Medical College, Patiala for the year 1979-1980.
5. Secured Third Position in Punjabi University Inter
College Table Tennis Tournament for the year 1980-1981.
6. Represented the Medical College in Bhangra Team in
Punjabi University Youth Festival Twice in the year 1979 and
7. Member Punjab Blood Donors Society.
8. Vice President of Association on Junior Doctors, Post Graduate
Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 1985.